Sunday 8 June 2014

#5 Life is a lesson ~ Licorice for low blood pressure


During a meal with friends, I mentioned that when I ride for to long in the sun I get a head ache, which I feel is due to my low blood pressure. One of them advised me to eat licorice! 'Strange' I thought, so I did a little research and found many articles stating that this is in fact true. 

Apparently low blood pressure can be a sign of abnormal adrenal gland function, leading to symptoms of fatigue and dizziness. Licorice improves the glands function and helps raise blood pressure in time. Licorice can be taken in the form of dried root, tincture or concentrated powder. Licorice is also used as a medicine for heartburn, stomach ulcers, coughs, bronchitis, osteoarthritis, eczema, prostate cancer, polycycstic ovary syndrome, malaria, food poisoning and many more.

What I thought was most interesting about this new information, is that I have always LOVED liquorice in sweet form and often craved it! 

As always your body is your guide <3 div="" nbsp="">

If you have serious medical conditions, consult your doctor before self subscribing. Remember to much of anything can become toxic for your body, so use in moderation, following the experience and advise of others.

Relevant links:-

No comments:

Post a Comment